Saturday 19 December 2009

Second-hand Pot

Saw this jug/pitcher in a second-hand shop the other day for just seven quid and decided I must have it. There’s a potter’s stamp on the base with the initials J W but so far I haven’t been able to track down who that might be (based on the style and after a bit of Googling). Whoever made it was clearly influenced by the Leach tradition - but then what potter hasn’t been?! So that doesn’t narrow it down much. Anyway, it’s a lovely no-nonsense sort of pot which is growing on me each day. Yesterday, despite my rotten cold, I braved the freezing weather (a sprinkle of snow) and picked some tall stems of holly from the copse down the road and arranged a spray of them in my new pot. They look fantastic. Unfortunately the light’s so bad at the moment I can’t take a proper photo of the whole display without it all going wildly out of focus. So these were the best of the photos that came out…

Other news. It’s been a bit busy round here lately. Since my last blog entry I’ve done two Christmas craft shows, finished off my Christmas orders, caught a cold, stood in line at the post office queue and had a very exciting rush of sales on my Folksy shop which I’m over the moon about. I also discovered that I was listed in the Folksy Sampler which, until I got my hands on a copy, I had no idea about. So thank you to Folksy admin for listing me and to the lovely Jackie of Henny Penny Designs for letting me keep a copy!

Short and sweet today. Hopefully I will get some time in the next few days to blog again.

No comments:

Post a Comment